WBJEE Entrance Examination 2019
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEE) 2019 will be conducted a common entrance exam called as WBJEE ON May 26, 2019, for admission to the undergraduate courses in engineering and pharmacy in the states. The entrance exam is commonly called as West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE). Aspirants will have to appear in the paper-I (Mathematics) & paper-II (Physics & Chemistry combined) for admission in Engineering, Technology and pharmacy courses being Aspirants appearing only in paper 2 will get admission only in pharmacy courses being offered at universities, Government college and self-financing Engineering and technology institute of West Bengal.
In West Bengal Architecture admission are through NATA while medical admission is through NEET UG. The applications form of WBJEE 2019 was available from December 26, 2018, to January 23, 2019. The admit cards will be available from May 14, 2019. The results of WBJEE 2019 will be announced on July 2, 2019.
WBJEE 2019 Important Dates
|14 May 2019||Admit Card| Mode: Online|
|26 May 2019||Exam | Mode Offline|
|31 May 2019||Answer key –final | Mode: Online|
|09 Jun 2019-16 Jun 2019||CCounseling–Choice filling & registration |mode :Online|
|19 Jun 2019-04 Jul 2019||Other –choice locking and seat allotment | Mode: Online|
|02 Jul 2019||Result |Mode: Online|
|02 Jul 2019||Scorecard | Mode: Online|
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board has some eligibility parameter defined for the candidates of WBJEE. Eligibility Criteria differ from Courses to courses.there will be two papers in WBJEE 2019: Paper 1 (Mathematics) & Paper 2 (physics & chemistry combined). candidates taking a part in both papers and getting a ranked will be eligible for admission in B.Tech/pharmacy/Architecture Course. In order to take part in that examination, candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed for the WBJEE 2019.for taking admission in the WBJEE 2019 B.Tech courses
- The Aspirants must be a citizen of India.
- His /Her ages should not be less than that 17 years on December 31, 2019, there is no upper age limit for WBJEE 2019 but for Marine engineer Degree courses upper age limit will be 25 years on December 31, 2019.
- The aggregate marks in these three subjects taken together should not be less than 45% (for SC/ST/OBC/PWD 40%).
- Aspirants should have passed class 12 as regular students from a recognized board with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science/Biotechnology/Computer Application as a compulsory subject.
WBJEE 2019 Application Process
Mode of Application: Online
Mode of Payments: Net Banking |Credit Card & Debit Card
|ST,general, SC,OBC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||Rs.500|
The applications form of WBJEE 2019 was available from December 26, 2018. Candidates had to submit the application form on or before January 23.The application corrections from Jan 24 to 25. However, if the date extended it will be notified here. Check the steps given below to complete the applications process.
- Registration: The first steps to register online. Aspirants had to be very careful while filings the information’s while registering because the information’s entered at this stage i.e applicants name, mother name, date of birth, father’s name etc. will not be available for editing later.
- Entering the details:- The Candidates had to enter the detail related to eligibility, courses, city, and communications etc.
- Document Uploading:-After entering the required detailed the Aspirants had to upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Application fee & confirmation: In order to complete the online applications process candidates had to pay Rs.500 towards application fee by using online (credit/debit card or net banking ) or offline mode. Once the form is submitted candidate was advised to take a print out of the confirmation pages and keeps it safely for future references.
WBJEE 2019 preparation Tips
Candidates should make themselves familiar with the syllabus of all subjects of WBJEE 2019 & prepared for them according to their grasp and weight given to the subjects. Practice a lot with the help of papers of previous years and sample papers it will help a lot in improving aspirants performance. Students should analyze their performance after solving every sample paper and then try to work on the topics which need more attention in order to crack the exam WBJEE 2019.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern
In order to crack any examination gathering information’s about the exams patterns, sections, Weightage, evaluation Scheme, Duration plays a vitally important role. The exam will be held in offline mode and it will comprise multiple choice questions. There will be two papers in WBJEE 2019; Paper 1 (Mathematics) & Paper 2 (Physics & chemistry combine). The candidates taking part in paper 2 will be able to take admission in Architecture/Engineering /Technology/Pharmacy courses. Aspirants taking part in only paper 1 will not be getting any rank. Candidates will get 120 minutes for each paper i.e paper 1 & paper 2.
Category 1: Questions there will be one or more options can correct & 2 marks will be given for correct answer while an incorrect answer will fetch 0 marks while for partially correct answer Aspirants will get the mark as per criteria.
Category 2: Questions there will be just one correct option & 2 marks will be given for a correct answer while an incorrect answer will deduct -0.5 marks.
Category 3: Questions there will be just one correct option, 1 marks will be given for a correct answer while an incorrect answer will deduct -0.25 marks.
WBJEE asked this types of question pattern are as given below:
|Subject||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||Total Question||Agge.marks|
WBJEE Syllabus 2019
Current Electricity, Heat & Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Magnetic effects of current & Magnetism, Work Energy Power, Rotational motion, laws of Motion, Modern Physics-Atomic Models, Solid and semiconductor Devices, Nuclear Physics, Wave motion.
Chemical kinetics,Chemical Bonding, Transition Elements(d &f blocks) , S- block Elements,General organic Chemistry, Chemical thermodynamics ,Alcohol phenol Ether, carboxylic Acids & derivatives, Coordination Compounds,chemical Equilibrium,ionic Equilibrium,Redox Reaction,P-Block Elements.
Vectors, Probability,3-D geometry, Matrices and determinants, Limits, Indefinite integration, Sets, Relation,& function, Definite Integration, Theory of Equations, permutation and combination, Complex number.
WBJEE 2019 Results
The Results is announced in the form of ranks card. Aspirants can view results using Application Number and password.WBJEE Ranks card will contain information about GMT & PMR ranks, total score & component scores in each paper, qualifying status etc.
- Board will issue the cut-off Score/rank for candidates shortlisted to take part in counseling.
- Rank cards are issued for everyone with scores, but the ranks are not awarded for all the candidates.
- The rank card must be procedure at the time of counseling and seat allotment process.
- PMR (pharmacy merit List )- Use for admission to all pharmacy courses & pharmacy course in Jadavpur University.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Course Offered
• Textile Technology
• Robotic Engineering
• Production Engineering
• Printing Engineering/ Printing Technology
• Power Engineering/ Power Plant Engineering
• Polymer Science & Technology
• Energy Engineering
• Metallurgical Engineering
• Optics & Optoelectronics
• Mechanical Engineering (Automobile Manufacturing)
• Mechanical Engineering
• Leather Technology
• Marine Engineering/Marine Technology
• Instrumentation Engineering
• Instrumentation & Control Engineering
• Information Technology
• Food Technology & Bio-Chemical Engineering
• Food Technology
• Electronics & Communication Engineering/
• Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electrical & Electronics Engineering
• Dairy Technology
• Computer Science Engineering
• Construction Engineering
• Computer Science Engineering ( Data Analysis)
• Computer Science Engineering (Cyber Security)
• Civil Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Civil & Environmental Engineering
• Chemical Technology
• Ceramic Engineering & Technology
• Biomedical Engineering
• B.Arch (General)
• B.Pharm/Pharmaceutical Technology
• Automobile Engineering
• Agricultural Engineering
• Apparel & Production Management
• Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Best Books for West Bengal joint entrance examination (WBJEE) 2019
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is a prestigious state- level engineering entrance exam for admission to engineering courses in colleges in West Bengal. It is conducted by the West Bengal joint entrance examination board. More than 4 lac candidates take the examination every year.
WBJEE is based on the syllabus prescribed by the West Bengal Council of higher secondary education. However, as most of the state boards syllabus is based on the CBSE Syllabus only, students belonging to any board can take the examination.
Best Books For west Bengal joint entrance examination (WBJEE)
Before referring to any other book, Candidates must clear their concepts. The Best books for West Bengal joint entrance examination (WBJEE), to clear the basic concepts, are the books recommended by the WBCHSE. One time you have Done them closely, which is to say, you have understood the various concepts properly, memorized the important points, like formulas, reaction mechanism, equations etc, and solved questions at the end of every chapter, you can refer to other best books for West Bengal joint entrance examination (WBJEE).
The best books for WBJEE– for Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics, to be referred to after you have your concepts clear, are as under.
Best Books For west Bengal joint entrance examination (WBJEE) Mathematics
Although many Candidates think that memorizing the formulas alone is sufficient to ace the Mathematics sections of the examination, it is very important that you understand the theory behind the idea as well and practice the deriving of the formulas. Then you require to solve quality questions in order to master the application of your knowledge. The following are the best books for West Bengal joint entrance examination (WBJEE) Mathematics.
• NCERT Mathematics
• Objective Mathematics by R.D Sharma
• Mathematics by R.S Agrawal
Best Books For WBJEE Physics
To Result in well in Physics, apart from having conceptual knowledge, You Must be able to visualize the various Process. This, Onward with memorizing the formulas, equations, and diagrams, can help you to solve questions. The best books for West Bengal joint entrance examination (WBJEE) Physics are as Under.
• NCERT Physics (Theory)
• Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma (For Theory & Practice)
• The concept of Competition Physics for Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) PMT by Aggarwals
• Physics series by D.C Pandey (For Practice Only)
Best Books For west Bengal joint entrance examination (WBJEE) Chemistry
Chemistry needs one to remember a lot of reaction mechanism & equations which is possible only when you understand the related concepts properly & practice diligently. Apart from the textbooks, the following are the best books for WBJEE Chemistry as Recommended by Teachers, to gain a deeper knowledge of concepts & solve questions.
• NCERT Chemistry
• Physical Chemistry by O.P Tandon
• Inorganic Chemistry by O.P Tandon
• Organic Chemistry by Arihant Publication
• Dinesh Chemistry
• Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
These books are good for practice. Also, you can Mention to these books for a better understanding of the concepts in each subject.
However, it is to be kept in mind that study material & best books alone cannot fetch you a high score in competitive examination like WBJEE. You Requirement to have a smart preparation plan as well. Once you understand the concepts, you need to solve the sufficient number of practice questions & take mock tests as well. Then you need to study based on your performance in the mock tests focussing more on your week chapter & concepts. You must also work on your time management, questions selection, and other test-taking skills.
Visit Official Website — Click Here