SSC JE SYLLABUS
SSC JE SYLLABUS 2019 Notification, Exam Dates, Syllabus & Pattern
SSC JE 2019
SSC will release SSC JE 2018-2019 Notification for the post of junior Engineers Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quantity Surveying, and contract posts. SSC Board Conducts SSC JE Examination giving candidates a golden opportunity to fulfill their desire of joining the prestigious Government Sector. Candidates are required to visit the page regularly to remain updated about any upcoming detail for SSC JE 2018-19 Exams.
SSC JE 2018-19 notification will be released on 1st February 2019. The Online Registration for SSC JE 2018-19 will also start from 1st February and the last date to apply online is 25th February 2019. SSC JE notification will be updated here, once the official notification has been released by SSC.
SSC JE 2018-2019 Exam Dates
The exam dates for SSC JE 2018-19 has been released with its official sites for 2019-2020. SSC JE 2018-19 Exam updates are mentioned below:
|Notification released Date||1st Feb. 2019|
|Last date to apply online||25th Feb. 2019|
|Tier-I Admit card||September 2019|
|Start Of Tier –I Exam||23rd September 2019 to 27th September 2019(CBE)|
|Start of Tier-II Exam||29th DEC. 2019 (DSE)|
SSC JE 2019 Online Application
SSC JE 2019 Online Application will start from 1st Feb. 2019. All the candidates can apply online for SSC JE 2019 exam for the mention for given steps:-
- Step 1: Click on the link and mentioned above to apply online for SSC JE 2018-2019.
- Step 2: Click on links to apply form. The registration link will open up in the new window.
- Step 3: Click on New registration in SSC JE 2018-19 application window and click on register button.
- Step 4: In the first step, candidates need to provide basic details like name, parents name, date of birth,email_id, mobile no.
- Step 5: Click on the submit button to submit your completed online application form of SSC JE 2018-19. And also verify your entire details before submitting the form. Candidate will be issue registration ID for SSC JE 2018-19 exam.
- Step 6: In the next step, the candidate must upload a photograph & signature.
- Step 7: Login with registered ID & Password to fill up the part-II of the application form of SSC JE 2018-19
- Step 8: After filing up the applications form, Aspirants need to preview the entire application form of SSC JE 2018-19
- Step 9: Click on the final Submit button after preview the entire online applications form.
Candidates can now proceed to submit the application fee for SSC JE 2018-19 either by online mode or offline mode of fee payment. Aspirants must pay RS.100/- as SSC JE 2018-19 online Application Fee. Candidates belonging to reserved category (SC/ST/PWD) are exempt from paying other online Application fees for SSC JE 2018-19 Exam. The examination fee can be paid both online & offline.
SSC JE 2019 Exam pattern
SSC JE exams will be conducted into two parts.paper 1 will be 200 marks & paper II will be of 300 marks. Both papers I & paper II are multiple choice question 0.25 marks will be deducted for every question attempted wrong by a candidate in both the paper. According to the recent Examination pattern, Candidates appearing for the post of JE(civil), JE(quantity surveying & contract) should attempt Part A(Civil & structural) of Paper I & II.
In other hand, Aspirants appearing for JE (electrical) needs to attempts part B (electrical) & the candidates appearing for JE (mechanical) needs to attempt part C (mechanical) of paper I & II.
|Paper- I||General Awareness||50||2 Hrs.|
|General intelligence & Reasoning||50|
|Part A- General Engineering (civil & structural)||100|
|Part B- General Engineering(electrical)|
|Part C- General Engineering(Mechanical)|
|Paper-II||Part A- General Eng. (Civil & structural)||300||2 Hrs.|
|Part B- General Eng.(electrical)|
|Part C- General Eng.(mechanical)|
SSC JE Syllabus
The syllabus for SSC JE 2019 Exams covers major three section:-
- General Intelligence & Reasoning:-Analytical Functions, Arithmetical computations, Abstract ideas & Symbols and their relationships, Arithmetical number series, Arithmetical Reasoning, verbal & figure classification, relationship concepts, Discrimination observation, Decision making visual memory, Analysis judgment, problem-solving, space visualization, Analogies and similarities differences.
- General awareness:- general polity & scientific Research ,Economic Science,geography,culture,history,India & its neighboring countries,Current affairs etc.
- General Engineering (civil & structural),(Electrical and Mechanical
Part A :-Civil Engineering:
Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Hydraulics, Soil Mechanics, Surveying, Costing & valuation, Estimating, Building Materials.
Steel Design, RCC Design, Concert Technology, Theory of structures
Part B:- Electrical Engineering
Basic Electronics,Utilization & Electrical Energy,Estimation & Costing,Transmission & distribution,generation,Synchronous Machines,fractional kilowatt motors & single phase induction motors,Electrical Machines,Measurement and measuring instruments,AC fundamentals,Magnetic Circuit,Circuit law,Basic concepts.
Part C:- Mechanical Engineering
Classification of steels,centrifugal pumps,Hydraulic Turbines,basic principles,measurement of flow rate,Dynamics of ideal fluids,Fluid kinematics,measurement of fluid pressure,fluid statics,properties & classification of fluids,Nozzles & steam Turbines,principle of Refrigeration plant,Refrigeration cycles,Air Compressors & their cycles,fitting & Accessories,Specification,classification,Boilers,Rankin cycle of System,IC Engines cooling & Lubrication,IC Engines Combustion,IC Engines performance,Air standard cycles for IC Engines,2nd law of thermodynamics,1st Law of Thermodynamics,Properties of pure Substances,Engineering Mechanics & Strength of Materials,Theory of machines and machine Design.
SSC JE Syllabus: paper II
Part A: Civil & Structural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Building materials:-Physical & chemical properties,classification,standard tests,uses and manufacture of materials e.g. building stones,silicate based materials,cement , asbestos products,timber & wood based products,laminates,bituminous materials,paints,varnishes.Estimating,costing & valuation:estimate ,glossary of technical terms,analysis of rates,method & units of measurement,items of works-earthwork,Bricks work(Modular & traditional bricks),RCC works,shuttering,Timber work,painting,flooring,plastering.Boundary wall bricks building water tank,Septic tank,bar bending schedule,Center line method,Mid-section formula,Trapezoidal formula,Simpson’s rule,cost estimates of septic tank,flexible pavements,tube well,isolates & combined footing ,steel truss,piles ad pile cape.valuation-value & costs ,scarp value,salvages value,assessed value,sinking funds,description & obsolescence ,methods of valuation.
- Surveying:- principles of surveying ,measurement of distance,chain surveying,working of prismatic compass,compass traversing,bearings,local attraction,plan table surveying,theodolite traversing,adjustment of theodolite,leveling,definition of terms used in leveling,contouring,curvature & refraction corrections,temporary & permanent adjustment of dumpy level,methods of contouring,uses of contour map,tachometric survey,curve setting,earth work calculation,advanced surveying equipment.
- Soil Mechanics:- standard penetration test,plate load test,bearing capacity of soils,active & passive earth pressure,earth pressure theories,Maximum dry density & optimum moisture content,Laboratory compaction,Triaxial test,vaneshear test,direct shear test,shear strength of soils,computation of ultimate settlement,e-log p curve,normally consolidate soil,pre-consolidate pressure,degree of consolidation,principles of consolidation,consolidation of soils,origin of soil.
- Hydraulics:- fluids properties, hydro statics, measurement of flow, Bernoulli’s theorem and its application, flow through pipes, flow in open channels, weirs, flumes, spillways, pumps and turbines.
- Transportation Engineering:- Highway Engineering, pavement material, Traffic engineering.
- Environmental Engineering:- Quality of water, the source of water supply, purification of water, distribution of water, pollution.
- Theory of structures
- Concrete technology
- RCC design
- Steel design
Part B:-(Electrical engineering)
- Basic concepts:-
- Circuit law:-
- Magnetic circuit
- AC Fundamentals
- Measurement & measuring instruments
- Electrical Machines
- Fractional kilowatt Motors & single phases induction Motors
- Estimation & costing
- Basic Electronics
Part C:-(Mechanical Engineering)
- Classification of steels
- Centrifugal pumps
- Hydraulic Turbines
- Measurement of Flow rate Basic Principles
- Dynamic of ideal fluids
- Fluid kinematics
- Measurement of fluid pressure
- Fluid statics
- Properties & classification of fluids
- Fitting & Accessories
- Rankine cycle of steam
- Air Standard cycles for IC engines
- 2nd Law of thermodynamics
- 1st law of thermodynamics.
- Thermal Engineering
- Theory of Machines & machine Design
SSC JE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for SSC JE 2019 Exam, A candidate needs to fulfill basic three requirement that which are discussed below:
- Age limit
|Junior Engineer(civil,Electrical,mechanical),central water commission &PWD||32 yrs|
|Junior Engineer(civil,electrical & Mechanical),MES||30 yrs|
|Junior E & engineer(civil & Electrical),department of post & junior engineer (Surveying & contract),MES||18-27 yrs|
|Junior Engineer||CPWD-B.E./B.Tech/Diploma in civil Engineering from a recognized university|
|Junior Engineer(Civil & Mechanical)||Central water Commission-B.E/B.Tech/diploma in civil /mechanical from recognized university|
|Junior Engineer(civil)||MES-B.E/B.tech 3 yrs diploma in civil engineering from recognized university with 2 yrs experience|
|Junior Engineer (electrical & mechanical)||MES-B.E/B.tech or 3 yrs diploma in electrical & mechanical from recognized university with 2 yrs experience.|
SSC JE 2019 ADMIT CARD
SSC JE 2019 Admit card will be released on the SSC official sites during the certain time.so, candidates download the admit card and carry with themselves in the exam center.
SSC JE 2019 Result
SSC JE will be released final results by SSC . All the candidates can check SSC JE 2019 final results & cut-off by clicking on the links below: