NEET 2019 National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test
Introduction of NEET (UG) – 2019
The ministry of human resources development (MHRD) is the government of India has established National testing Agency(NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organizations for conducting efficient, transparent & international standard tests in order to access the competency of the candidate for admission to the premier higher education institution.
As per regulation framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 and the Dentists Act-1948 and as amended from time to time, NEET(UG)-2019 will be conducted by national testing agency for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in Indian Medical/Dental college run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institution established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS.
The national eligibility cum entrance test (UG)-2019 will be conducted on Sunday, 5th May 2019. The responsibility of the NTA is limited to the conducted of the entrance examination, declaration of results and for providing an “All India Rank merit list” to the directorate general health service, government of India for the conduct of counseling for 15% all India quota seats and for supply the result to states/other Counseling Authorities.
NEET (UG) Important Dates 2019
The NTA has announced the dates for the NEET 2019 on November 1. Aspirants can check the table below to know about all the important dates of NEET 2019.
|NEET 2019 Notification||November 1,2018 at 11:00 AM|
|Application form released date||November 1,2018 at 11:30 AM|
|Last date for registration||December 7, 2018, at 11:50 PM|
|Last date for successful payment of application fee||December 8, 2018, at 11:50 PM|
|Admit card released date||April 15, 2019|
|Exam date||May 5, 2019|
|Answer key released||Last week of May 2019|
|Declaration of results||June 5, 2019|
|NEET Counseling-round 1||Second week of June 2019|
|Result of Round 1||4th week of June 2019|
|NEET Counseling –Round 2||1st week of July 2019|
|Results of Round 2||Second week of July 2019|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates required fulfilling certain eligibility criteria in order to appear in the examination. The application forms of the ineligibility candidates are not accepted that so candidates are advised to go through the NEET 2019 eligibility criteria listed below.
- Age Limit:- Candidates must have at least 17 years of age. Aspirants above 25 years of age (30 years of age if belonging to reversed or PWD categories) can also apply. The revised date of birth is on or the before December 31, 2002. (As per the in order, the upper age limit has been removed by the Supreme Court for the Aspirants to take NEET. The final decision will be taken in Feb.)
- Academic Qualification:– The aspirants must qualify Class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English to appear for NEET 2019. It is required of candidates to pass in these subject individually.
- Minimum Required Marks:– In the qualifying exam, the aspirants must have scored an aggregate of 50% for unreserved, 45% for Physically Handicapped & 40% for reserved including the PH reserved in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in aggregate.
- Additional Biology & Open School Students:– Aspirants with Biology as an additional subject in Class 12 and also those who have completed class 11 & class 12 from open schools are eligible for NEET 2019. However, the final status eligibility.
- Numbers of the attempt:– Aspirants can take NEET UG as many times as they wish to consider the fulfill the other eligibility criteria.
NEET Application Form 2019
The released date of the application form for NEET 2019 was Nov. 1, 2018. The last date for filling up to the application form was Dec. 7, 2018. The application fee can be submitted till Dec. 8. The mode of released & submission of the NEET 2019 application forms is the only online mode. Candidates can check below the step by step approach to fill in the application form:-
- Step 1:- Registration
- Step 2:- Filling of Application Form
- Step 3:- Uploading Scanned Images
- Step 4:- Payment of Application Fees
NEET (UG) – 2019 Application Fee
|S. No||Categories||Application fee|
|2||SC/ST/PH /Transgender Aspirants||Rs.750|
- Step 4:- Printout of the Confirmation Page
NEET (UG) Syllabus 2019
As per the notification released by the NTA that’s no changes has been announced to the syllabus. The Syllabus of NEET 2019 will, therefore, be the same as that of the previous years. NEET 2019 syllabus consist Physics, Chemistry & Biology as per the NCERT curriculum of class 11 &12. Candidates must check the detailed syllabus and know about the important topics in order to prepare better for the examination point of view.
- Physics:- Oscillation & Waves, Kinetic Theory, Behavior of Perfect Gas, Thermodynamics, Properties of Bulk Matter, Gravitation, Rigid Body & Motion of System of Particles, Energy & Power, Work, Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Physical World & Measurement, Electronic Devices, Atoms & Nuclei, Radiation, Dual Natures of Matter, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Induction, Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism, Current Electricity & Electrostatics.
- Chemistry:- States of Matter: Gases & Liquid, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Periodicity in Properties, Classification of Elements, Structure of Atom, Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reaction, Hydrogen, s-Block Element (Alkali & Alkaline Earth Metals), Some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles & Techniques, Hydrocarbons and Environmental Chemistry, Bio-Molecules, Polymers, Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles & Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, D & F Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes & Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenol’s & Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones & Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen and Chemistry in Everyday Life.
- Biology:- Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure & Function, Structural Organization in Animals & Plants, Diversity in Living World, Ecology & Environments, Biotechnology & its applications, Biology & Human Welfare, Genetics & Evolution, Reproduction.
NEET (UG) Exam Pattern
|Total no.of question||180 questions|
|Mode of Exam.||Offline(pen & paper)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Marking scheme||+4 marks for each correct answer|
-1 marks for each wrong answer
0 marks for each no answer
|Maximum marks||720 marks|
|Aggregate score calculation||Total no. of marks obtained|
NEET (UG) Answer Key 2019
NEET 2019 answer key released on right after the conclusion of the Exam. The official answer key of NEET 2019 a week before the declaration of the results i.e. in the lasts week of May. With the NEET official answer key 2019, candidates will be able to view their own responses and the answer deemed first by the authority. NEET 2019 answer key will help the candidates to calculate the marks they would obtain the marks in the exam.
NEET (UG) Cutoff 2019
The qualifying cutoff is the minimum marks to be secured by the candidates to be considered as qualified in the entrance tests. Only the candidates who meet the cutoff requirement of NEET 2019 will be eligible to attend the counseling sessions. The cutoff will act as the minimum requirements for the aspirants to be included in the merit least prepared by the individual counseling authorities. The last merit ranks to be considered for counseling of NEET 2019 will vary in each states depending on the number of seat available, reservation criteria etc.
NEET (UG) Result 2019
NTA will declare the results by June 5, 2019, in online mode. NEET 2019 results will be declared on the official website of NTA which can be viewed and download by the candidate by logging in with their login ID/application number & password. The results of NEET 2019 will be published in the form of the scorecard. Aspirants can check the total & subject – wise marks obtained in NEET UG. The scorecards will also reflect the All India Quota Rank (for 15% seats) – overall and category ranks.