NDA Syllabus 2019 Get NDA Exam Latest Syllabus
NDA 2019 Syllabus
NDA or National Defence Academy Exam is a national levels Examination organized by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to recruit Aspirants in Army, Navy & Air force. It has crossed two-tier examination, wherein, the candidates qualifying the written tests will also have to clear the SSB interviews round.
- Candidates qualifying the written tests are called for NDA SSB interview. Final selection is done on the basis of the overall performance of the candidates.
- Syllabus of NDA exam is based on CBSE 10+2 & intermediate standards.
- The Exam consists of 2 sections- Mathematics & General Ability Test. The total duration of Exams is 5 hours combined for both sections.
- The exam will be every post, applicants must fulfill the complete NDA Eligibility to apply for the exams.
- NDA I is scheduled for April 21, 2019, & NDA 2 is scheduled for November 17, 2019.
NDA 2019 Syllabus for Mathematics & General Ability Test
UPSC has prescribed NDA 2019 Syllabus.NDA examinations are divided into two papers – Mathematics & General Ability. It aims to judge a candidate on his logical ability & general awareness. NDA 2019 is scheduled to be conducted as on as April 21, 2019.
- The question paper of Mathematics & PART B of general Ability tests will be available in both bilingual.
- After clearing the written tests, candidates have to go through the SSB Interviews. The interviews process will have a total of 900 marks.
- For every incorrect response, 0.33 marks will be deducted as negative marking in the examinations.
- The Mathematics papers contain 300 marks while General Ability tests hold 600 marks. The written tests will be of a total of 900 marks.
NDA Mathematics Syllabus
Candidates who are applying for NDA. Before starts a preparation, Candidates should check the Proper syllabus of Mathematics for better preparations. NDA mathematics syllabus is based on 11th & 12th class. These are few important topics of mathematics syllabus Algebra, Trigonometry, Determinants & matrices and other. Algebra is carrying the highest weightage. Here is the proper syllabus of NDA mathematics syllabus.
- Algebra :- Concepts of the sets ,operations on sets, Venn diagrams,DE Morgan laws,Cartesian product relation & equivalence relation,Representation of real numbers on a lines,Complex numbers- Basic properties,modulus argument,cube roots of unity,Binary system of numbers,conversion of a number in decimal system into binary system & vice-versa,Airthmetic,Geometric & Harmonic progressions, Quadratic equations with real coefficients, solutions of linear in equations of two variables by graphs,permutation & combination ,Binomial theorem and its application ,logarithms & their applications.
- Trigonometry: – Angles & their measures in degrees and in radians,Trigonometrical ratios,Trigonometric identities Sum & difference formulae,Multiple & Sub- multiples angles,Inverse trigometric functions,Application –Height & distances, properties of triangles.
- Matrices & Determinants:- Adjoint & inverse of a square matrix,Application, Basic properties of determinants, Determinant of a matrix, Operations on matrices, Matrices & Determinants.
- Analytical Geometry:- Eccentricity & axis of a conic, Ellipse & hyperbola, Standard forms of the parabola,Equation of a circle in standard and in general form,Distance of a points from a line, Angle between two lines, Equation of a lines in various forms, Distance formula, Rectangular Cartesian coordinate system.
- Vector Algebra:- Scalar multiplication of vector, unit & null vectors addition of vectors, magnitude & direction of a vector, vector in two & three dimetandard integnsions.
- Statistics & Probability :- statistics : classification of data ,frequency distribution,graphical representation- Histogram,pie chart ,frequency, polygon,mean ,mode & median. Variance & standard deviation , correlation & regression.
- Differential Calculus & Integral calculus:- Integration as inverse of diffination ,Integration by substitution and by parts,standard integral involving algebraic expression,Trigonometric, Exponential and hyperbolic fuctions,General & particular solution of a different equations.
General Ability Tests
Paper 2 in National Defence Academy i.e the General Ability Tests judges a candidates basic awareness & English proficiency. This section is further divided into two parts, English & General knowledge.
- Marks allotted to this section are 300.
- The syllabus of the English paper ranges from various aspects like knowledge & Usage of Vocabulary, Comprehension & his mental ability to remember & place the meaning of words.
- It judges a candidates ability to form correct sentences & use of words.
- The English portion of the entrance tests is designed in a way to judge a candidates knowledge of grammer & Vocabulary.
The Questions paper on general knowledge will cover current affairs, the question from Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography & Current events.NDA syllabus of each topic is given below. The paper aims to check the Knowledge & intelligent understanding of the subjects.
Physics:- States of matter & its properties, Motion & laws of motion, Work energy & power, Modes of transfer of heats & its effects, current & electricity, magnet & its properties, Lights & Sound.
Chemistry :- physical & chemical changes, Air & water (properties), Chemical equation & laws of chemical combination, Elements compounds & mixture,Acid, Bases & salts,Fertilizers, Atom & its structure, carbons & its form, properties of oxygen,hydrogen etc. with oxidation & reduction,use of materials for preparations of different chemicals.
General Science:- Basic units of life: cell, living & Non- living things, Epidemics: causes & preventions, solar system, Reproductive in plants & Animals, Human body & life process, Food & Balanced Diet, Achievement of Eminent Scientists.
History:- Indian History: Culture & civilization, Nationalism in India, Five years plans of India, Democracy in India, Constitution & Administration of India, Government of India at various levels, Renaissance & Discovery, United nations & concept of one world, the teaching of Mahatma Gandhi.
Geography:- Import & Exports of India, Agricultural & Industries, Types of Climates, Rocks & its classification, Earth and its origin & Movement.
Current Affairs Section:- important & Recent events in India, Important Indian or Non-Indian personalities related to cultural Activities & Sports, Current & Important world Events.
NDA 2019 Exam Pattern
National Defence Academy (NDA) 2019 is scheduled for April 21, 2019, .it is an offline examination i.e. pen & paper based test with objective type questions.
|Paper 1- Mathematics|
|Total marks||300 marks|
|Marks for correct answer||120|
|Marks deducted for wrong answer||-0.85|
|Exam duration||2.5 Hours|
|Paper II – General Ability|
|Total Marks||600 marks|
|Total no. of question||150|
|No. of question in English Section||50|
|No. of questions in general knowledge section||100|
|Maximum marks for English||200 marks|
|Maximum marks for G.k||400 marks|
|Marks for correct Answer||4 marks in both sections|
|Marks for Incorrect Answer||-1.33 marks in both section|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours|