Law School Admission Test
Law School Admission Test is a national level law entrance examination. It is conducted every year and it is a standardized test designed to the test on the basis of Verbal Reasoning and reading skills proficiency. Through LSAT, aspirants are granted to admission in BA LLB / LLM program offered in India. In India, there are 76 law college accepts LSAT scores.
LSAT 2019 Application Form
Pearson VUE will release LSAT Application form September 14, 2019. Candidates have to visit the official sites of LSAT in order to access the form. The last date to register for the Law School Admission Test is May 15, 2019. Aspirants who have successfully registered for the law entrance exams can download LSAT Admit card from May 18, 2019.
Some facts are related to the LSAT Application Form 2019:-
- The application for LSAT can only be filled online at lsat.formistry.com.
- LSAT registration charge will be paying INR 3800 via online mode only.
- Payment can be done through debit card or credit card only.
- Application Form will be or organized into six sections. Click the relevant section to fill in the details.
- Aspirants are advised to complete LSAT Registration within the prescribed time slots, as it expired after 30 minutes.
- And then click the submit button to submit all the details.
LSAT 2019 Important Dates
|Availability of LSAT Application Form 2019||October 16, 2018|
|Last date to complete LSAT Registration||May 15, 2019|
|Released of LSAT Admit Card||May 18 to 25, 2019|
|Dates of LSAT India Exam||May 26, 2019|
|Declaration of LSAT Results 2019||June 08, 2019|
LSAT India Eligibility
LSAT has not prescribed any specific eligibility standards for the national level law entrance exam. The eligibility criteria vary from institution to institution. It is the responsibility of the aspirants to checked and understands the eligibility standard of the law college they are applied here.
Basic Eligibility Criteria for LSAT India are as follow:-
- For BA LLB Course:- Students must pass 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with minimum 45% marks.
- For LLB Course:- Student must pass bachelors degree in any subjects with minimum 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying exams.
- For LLM Courses:- Candidates should have passed 3years of LLB or 5 years BA LLB with 45% aggregates marks.
LSAT India Exam Pattern
- LSAT India is conducted in offline mode in the English language.
- The paper pattern of LSAT Exams describes the section-wise distribution of questions, marks, duration etc. This will give you a fair idea about the nature of the question.
- LSAT exam pattern is discussed below:
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Nature of Questions||Objectives (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Total No. of Question||92 to 100|
|Number of Sections||4 Sections|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 20 Minutes|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
The following table indicates the section-wise pattern of LSAT India exam.
|Section Name||Number of Questions(Approx.)||Time Duration (Mins.)|
|Analytical Reasoning||24||35 minutes|
|1st Logical Reasoning||24||35 minutes|
|2nd Logical Reasoning||24||35 minutes|
|English Comprehensions||24||35 minutes|
|Total||92-100 question||2 hours 20 minutes|
Before preparing for the examination, students need to check the Syllabus and prepared accordingly. This question will be asked from the syllabus such as Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning & Reading comprehension .few topics are discussed below areas:
- Reading Comprehension:- These questions measure the ability to read, with understanding and insight. The Reading Comprehension sections are contained four sets of reading questions, each consisting of a selection of reading material, followed by four to nine questions that test reading and reasoning abilities.
- Logical Reasoning Question:- These questions assess the ability to analyze, critically evaluate and complete arguments as they occur in ordinary language. Each logical Reasoning Questions requires the test taker to read and comprehend a short passage and then answers a question about it. The questions are designed to assess the wide ranges of skills involved in thinking critically, with an emphasize on skills that are central to legal reasoning. These skills including drawing well – supported conclusion, reasoning by analogy, determining how additional evidence affects an argument, applying principles or rules and identifying arguments flaws.
- Analytical Reasoning Sections:- These questions will measure the ability to understand a structure of relationships and to draw the logical conclusion about that structure. The test taker is asked to a reason deductively from the set of states and rules or principles that describes relationships among persons, things, or events. Analytical reasoning question reflects the kind of complex analyses that law students perform in the course of legal.
- LSAT Results will be declared on June 08, 2019
- The results will not be available or sent directly.
- Aspirants have to visit the official sites of LSAT i.e pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia in order to check their results.
- The declarations of LSAT Results will be done in the form of scored.
- The scorecard will contain the percentile scores of a candidate.
- LSAT scores card is valid for 1 year.
- The cut off marks are the minimum marks required for the candidates to clear the exam.
- There is no sectional cut off for LSAT India.
- Pearson VUE sends a Aspirants ranking to the associate colleges.
- These rankings are based on the overall performances of the candidates.
- LSAT cut off mark will be decided by the participating colleges of particular country & states.