IELTS | International English Language Testing System
IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System which is designed in a way that ’s the effective assess the test takers proficiency in English. The test is conducted by the British Councils, IDP & Cambridge. Assessment in English in both format, the General Training & Academic.
The total duration of the test is 2 hours & 45 minutes and it is divided into Four Sections. While the reading, writing and listening section will be conducted in a single day, the speaking sections may be conducted on the same day or within seven days before or after the test day.
- The test formats are the same for Academic and General Training
- Takes a duration of 30 minutes.
- Four tasks with a total of 40 Question designed to test your ability to understands the main ideas & identify information that is required.
- The Four listening items are as:
- A conversation between two individual in an everyday social context.
- A monologue on an academic subject, in other words, a lecture.
- A conversation between two or among four people in an academic setting.
- A monologue or a speech.
- The test format is the same as for the Academic & General Training.
- The three section for a total duration of 11-14 minutes.
- The test is recorded for evaluations purpose and will be a face to face interview with an examiner who assesses your ability to speak English.
- Part 1
- Examiner asks the general question about the test.
- To proceed with asking about familiar thing likes, home, family work, studies, and interest.
- This session lasts for about four to five minutes.
- Parts 2
- The test is given a task card with the prompts.
- The test is given a minute to prepare his speech.
- A test is asked to deliver a two minutes speech on the topic mentioned on the task card.
- Part 3
- Examiner will ask more question based on the response given by the test in the second part.
- A test gets an opportunity to discussed more abstract ideas & issue.
- It lasts for about four-five minutes.
- Band score scales from 0 to 9.
- The testing format is different for Academic & General Training.
- Its duration is 60 minutes.
- The three passages with 13-14 question each are designed to check your ability to grab the main idea, understand the gist and the puts forth a logical argument in the passage.
- Question types may be multiple choices, sentence completion, summary writing, matching information or short-answered based on the given passages.
- The academic format comprises of three long texts which may be descriptive and factual or discursive & analytical taken from book, journal, magazine or newspaper and are more academic in the context.
- The General training format comprises of extract from book, magazine, newspaper, notices or advertisement, which are more general in context.
- Band scores scale from 0 to 9
- The testing formats are different for Academic & General training.
- It two tasks needs to be completed 60 minutes.
- It tasks in the Academic format:
- Task 1: A graphs, table, chart, stages of a process, or a diagram’s given and test are required to describe or summarize the information provided to them.
- Task 2: the test is required to write a formal & academic styles essay expressing their point of view in response to a given argument or problem and support their response with an appropriate example.
- Tasks in the General Training format :
- Test are required to write a personal, semi-formal or formal style letter requesting for certain information or explaining a given situation.
- Test are required to write a personal style essay express their opinion of a particular argument or problem and support their response with an appropriate example.
- Band scores scale from 0 to 9.
One of the most important tips that it will be conducive to crack IELTS is making familiarizing yourself with the formats of the exam. Attempting all mock test will be of great helps to will be of great help as this will enable you to crack the nearby moments during the actual exams. since the exams are conducted to test the student skill in understanding English as a language.it is recommended that students should improve their reading & listening skills by reading newspapers and magazines. To improve your typing skills as the exams will be the proper internet-based test, where the student has to answer by typing on the keyboard.
When you are practicing to improve listening skills, don’t play the audio on the tape recorder to more than once. trained your ears to listen the audio in the first attempt only.
IELTS Application From – 2019
Those candidates, who are interested in appearing for IELTS exam, must register themselves. Registration can be done in any one of the following three methods i.e Online, courier & in person.
Due to the availability of internet that many people opt for online Registration. For Online Registration that’s candidates should enter their personal details without any errors.the online registrations should be made seven days before the tests.payment of examinations fee can be made by using Credit Cards.
IELTS Eligibility Criteria – 2019
According to the rule & regulations set by all the three IELTS conducting bodies. British council IDP: IELTS Australia & Cambridge English Language Assessments that there are no minimum eligibility criteria for IELTS 2018. As IELTS is conducted to the assess a candidate proficiency in the English language, any individuals who wish to pursue education or seeking work opportunities aboard can apply for the IELTS tests(both academic & general training). As per the test patterns of IELTS, the tests are conducted in two formats, namely IELTS Academic & IELTS General training. However, a candidate is required to check the eligibility criteria for the respective organization or institutions that wish to be associated with.
How to Know the Minimum IELTS Score Required for Top B-Schools
The IELTS General Training formats evaluate candidates for General English language apt for survival in board social & workplace contexts. Typically, People who moved to a foreign country to pursue vocational educations, work experience or engaged in training programmes register for IELTS General Training have to fulfill the organization eligibility criteria. People migrate to Australia, Canada, and New Zealand must appear for the General Training test and obtain a minimum score of 6 Overall Band. The IELTS scores will be accepted by the institution and organization only after an aspirant fulfills other eligibility criteria prescribed by the respective governing bodies.
You Can Also Read –