BCA Syllabus | Bachelor In Computer Application
What you need to know BCA (Bachelor in Computer Application)
It is an acronym for Bachelor in Computer Application, BCA is a three-year undergraduate degree course generally for those students who wish to developed computer language into all over the world. This course is one of the most popular options to get started within a career in Information Technology (IT).
A degree in BCA is at a part with a B.Tech/B.E.degree in Computer Science or Information Technology. For a BCA aspirant, In this degree would help in setting up a sound academic base for an advanced career in Computer Application.
To pursue a BCA programme, One need to not have Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as a subject in class 12th class. In facts, an Arts or commerce students can join the course as well.
The basic eligibility requirement for a BCA Course
An Aspirants should have passed 10+2 from any stream with English as passing Subject with minimum 45%-55% marks in aggregate that pass percentage might vary from college to college.
Students with an Arts or Commerce background to can applied.
While Some of the college /universities admit aspirants on a merit basis, the others admit a student on the basis of personal interview and written examinations.
There are some of the universities which conduct their own entrance test as well.
Note: The eligibility criteria might differ from college to college.
Generally, the basic course curriculum of Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) focuses on database management System, Operating Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Architecture, Web Designing, Web Technology & Language such as C, C++, HTML, JAVA, .NET, Python etc.
BCA Course Syllabus Overview
The BCA courses Curriculum generally involved topics dealing with programming language C++, JAVA, C#, .Net etc. However, this might differ from university to university. For instance, E-commerce is one of the topics a BCA student studies in the fifth semester. While on the other hand, BCA students at having to study-Principal of Management, as a topic in their first semester. Another hand, Most of the top BCA college may or may not includes these topics in its curriculum.
Also, some of the colleges offer elective papers. Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research includes electives paper from its second semester onward. One of the electives paper consist-Music in Media that which falls under its Liberal Arts for Floating Credits programme. Thus, In this course curriculum, Syllabus and Electives might be different across colleges.
There are six semester includes in 3 years programme.
Semester 1:- Hardware Lab(CIA Only), PC software Lab, C programming Lab, Introduction to Programming Using C, Digital computer Fundamentals, Statistics I for BCA, Foundation Mathematics, Creative English
Semester 2:- Visual Programming Lab, Data Structure Lab, Data structures, Operating System, Basic Discrete mathematics, Communicative English, Case Tools Lab(CIA only)
Semester 3:- Domain Lab, Oracle Lab, C++ Lab, Object-Oriented Programming Using C++, Database Management System, Software Engineering, Financial Accounting, Introductory Algebra, Interpersonal Communication
Semester 4:- Language Lab (CIA Only), Web Technology Lab, DBMS Project Lab, Java Programming Lab, Programming In JAVA, Computer Networks, Financial Management, Professional English
Semester 5:- Business Intelligence Lab, Python Programming Lab, Graphics & Animation Lab, Web Designing Project, Unix Lab, Python Programming, Business Intelligence, Python Programming, Graphics & Animation, User Interface Design, OOAD Using UML, Unix programming
Semester 6:- Advanced Database Management System, Introduction to Soft Computing, Multimedia Application, Cloud Computing, Computer Architecture, Client Server Computing, Design & Analysis of Algorithms
Career Prospects after BCA
In IT industry is glowingly rapidly and with their demand is to be high for BCA graduate too is increasing every previous day. After obtaining a BCA degree, the student can find out the lucrative job opportunities in Leading IT companies Like Oracle, IBM, Infosys & Wipro. Some of the play important roles that one can bag after completing a BCA programme is that of a System Engineer, Software Tester, Junior Programmer, Web Development, System Administrator, Software Developer etc.
BCA graduate is not only recruited by private sectors but also by public sectors Organisation. Government organization like the Indian Air Force(IAF), Indian Army & Indian Navy hired a large bunch of Computer professional for their IT departments.
As far as the Salary is concerned, a fresher working for a leading MNCs might get a salary ranging from Rs. 25,000 to Rs.40,000 per months. However, it was reported that IT giants like Facebook, Microsoft etc. pay a six fig. salary to a fresher Graduate.
Top 100 Colleges For BCA Course in India
Most of the college in India offers BCA programmes. However, It takes a looks at some of the best colleges to pursue a BCA Course.
College / University
- CHRIST(Deemed to be University)
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Loyal college, Chennai
- Stella Maris College, Tamilnadu
- SRM University, Chennai
- Banaras Hindu University
- Indraprastha College for Women.
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
- Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Sanghvi Institute of Management & Science, Indore
- Acharya Institute of Management & Science (AIIMS)
- CMR Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- Oxford Educational Institutions, Bangalore
- Garden City College, Bangalore
- Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore
- Goutham College, Bangalore
- Sri Bhagawan Mahavira Jain College, Bangalore
- International School of Business Research, Bangalore
- T John College, Bangalore
- O.P Vanishnav College For Women, Chennai
- Aplha Arts & Science College, Chennai
- IIKM Business School, Chennai
- Guru Nanak College, Chennai
- Symbiosis Center for Management Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies & Research, Pune
- Ness Wadia College Of Commerce, Pune
- Brihan Maharashtra College Of Commerce, Pune
- MITSOM College, Pune
- Sinhgad College Of Commerce, Pune
- Padmashree Dr.D.Y.Patil Bachelor of Business Administration, Pune
- Indira College of Commerce & Science, Pune
- International School of Business & Media(ISBM), Pune
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute Of Management & Entrepreneurship Development, Pune
- Calcutta Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata
- Bengal Institute of Technology & Management, Kolkata
- NSHM College of Management & Technology, Kolkata
- Meghand Saha Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- George College, Kolkata
- P.Poddar Institute of Management & Technology, Kolkata
- HRDD – Human Resource Development Degree College, Hyderabad
- P R College of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad
- PPGC – Princeton PG College, Hyderabad
- AITS – Aryabhata Institute of Technology & Science, Hyderabad
- SCDC – St. Paul’s Degree College, Hyderabad
- SFXDC – St. Francis Xavier Degree College, Hyderabad
- Nagavi Infocity, Hyderabad
- OUCW – Osmania University College for Women, Hyderabad
- IIRM – Institute of Insurance And Risk Management, Hyderabad
- Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Hyderabad
- MSIT – Master of Science in Information Technology, Hyderabad
- Datapro Computers Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad
- AQIBM – AI Qurmoshi Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad
- BIIT – Basaveshwara Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- NC – Nizam College, Hyderabad
- CMEC – CM Engineering College, Hyderabad
- CBCCS – Chilkur Balaji College of Computer Sciences, Hyderabad
- GFEC – Green Fort Engineering College, Hyderabad
- SGGS – St.Georges Grammar College, Hyderabad
- KR Mangalam University, Gurgaon
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University
- Jims Engineering Management Technical Campus, Greater Noida
- KIIT World, Gurgaon
- JB Knowledge Park, Faridabad
- CPJ Institute of Management & Technology, Delhi
- IEC College of Engineering & Technology, Greater Noida
- Lingaya’s University, Faridabad
- FMG Group of Institutions, Greater Noida
- United Group of Institution (UGI), Greater Noida
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University (Continuing Education)
- Chandigarh Group of College – Landran (CGC Landran)
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies, Faridabad
- International Management Center (IMC), Delhi
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies, NCR Delhi
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management & Research, NCR Delhi
- St. Andrews Institute of Technology & Management, Gurgaon
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Noida
- Sharda University (SU), Greater Noida
- Amity University, Noida
- Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi
- IMS – Ghaziabad University, Uttar Pradesh
- Institute of Management Studies (IMS), Noida
- Joseph’s College Devagiri, Calicut, Kerala
- Bishop Vayalil Memorial Holy Cross College, Kerala
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerla
- Mary’s College, Sulthan, Kerala
- JBASC, Ernakulam
- KMM College, Cochin
- TEREASA’S College, Ernakulam
- Ameen College, Ernakulam
- BPC, Ernakulam
- CMS College, Kottayam
- CHRIST College, Kerala
- Dob Bosco Arts & Science, Kerala
- Fatima Mata National College, Kollam
Top BCA College In USA
- MCPHS University, USA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA
- Stanford University, California, USA
- University of California – Berkeley, California, USA
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pennsylvania, USA
- University of Illusion at Urbana – Champaign, USA
- Georgia Institute of Technology – Main Campus, USA
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, USA
- The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- California Institute of Technology, USA
- Cornell University, USA
- Columbia University
- University of Maryland – College Park
- San Diego
- University of Southern California
- Rice University
- Los Angeles
- University of Washington
- Purdue University
- Princeton University.
Eight things to keep in mind while Choosing For BCA Course
In all over India, Under Graduate courses are in across the and students belonging to various streams and having different interests that interest boost up the in profession to take admission in a college of their choice.
However, Its matter that student gets admission in the right undergraduate course of the right college is not an easy task.there are the no. of things that need to be weighed upon while take the decision that will make or break your future.this decision take a big problem to find the best college and admission in the right course.
In this article, we look at the things you need to keep in mind while choosing colleges to pursue Bachelor of Computer Application(BCA) Course.
Affiliation: First and foremost then you need to check Whether the college of your choice is recognized or not. Any degree holds value in the job market only if the colleges are affiliated to a university recognized by the governments.
Curriculum: The duration of BCA is three year. This information technology Course is usually divided into six semesters over the three years, during which the student are imparted extensive Knowledge of In formations and Technology. If you check the update course of Curriculum in order.
Specialization: You need to be developed a specialization and excellent in it.you should not fall in a crowd without analyzing your Interest and aptitude. Some of the BCA specializations are:
Faculty : A teacher is one of the major influence to shape the Future of student.first of all faculty of Student are shortlisted here.there are basic things you must check (i) If the teacher is available to solve the quarries of student in under discipline Manner(ii) Fixed the lecturer time table undergoes through college organization (iii) Change the Study material under gardens between teacher in the present Scenario.
Infrastructure: Another important Factor that needs to be kept in minds while choosing a college is its infrastructure. The infrastructure of the college should be latest and well maintained. The building, the classroom, the tabs, the Library, canteen, hostels etc. should be on Permanent.
Carrier Option: BCA comprises of four sections namely: soft skill & personality Development, Basic Mathematics and Logical Building, Core computing technology, and Project work. BCA graduate can do much better than a BE graduate can. Since IT is a booming Sector that there is a lot of opportunities to choose from. Ideally, the next step after BCA is opting for a Post Graduate degree like MCA and MBA, but those who want to start working then they can find several jobs the in software industry.
Course Fee: Compare the Course Fee of all the institution and choose that one you can afford and its value for money.you can check colleges background, talk to ex-student for the real pictures.
Top Specialisation you cant opt for after BCA
BCA prepares a student for a bright career in information’s & Technology. But to able to make the most of the three-year-Programme, then the students need to choose the right specialization at Post-Graduate levels.
Student often to face to choosing the right specialization at Master level, which can be tackled as three-points analysis-interest, Aptitude, Future.
However, This is to be able to decide the right way to move ahead, then it is critical to know what specializations are available in the market.
In the post of BCA, You can opt for the following programs
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Business / IT alignment
- IT Governance
- IT Financial Management
- IT Service Management
- Information Security Management (ISM)
- Post Graduate Program in Corporate Studies (PGPCS)
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Architect
- Security Director
- Information Security Analyst
- Network Security Engineer
- Masters in Computer Management (MCM)
- Computer System Analysts
- Computer & Information System Managers
- Information Security Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Masters Degree in information management (MIM)
- System Analysts
- Computer network Architects
- MIS Director
- Video game Designer
- Management Consultant
- Mobile Application Developer
- IT Consultant
- Chief Information Officer
- IS / IT Manager
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Software Engineer
- Software Consultant
- Network Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Test Engineer
- System Analyst
- Quality Assurance Engineer